Sunday, November 14, 2010

remembering.

This year I honored Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday by participating in 2 minutes of silence in Trafalgar Square (my favorite spot in all of London), by participating in 2 minutes of silence during Sacrament meeting, by donating to the Poppy Appeal and  proudly wearing my paper poppy right along with my fellow Londoners to help remember our Veterans and to support the British Legion, by watching a parade of Veterans march through the streets, and by visiting well over 20 WW1 memorials. I have never been so involved in Armistice Day and I couldn't be more thankful to have this experience. I am amazed by England's gratitude for, and commemoration of, Veterans and I hope to take this spirit with me every year from here on out. I am so grateful for those who have protected my freedoms and future. 

At Trafalgar Square for the Armistice Day ceremony 11/11/10 11:00

"When you go home,
Tell them of us and Say,
For their tomorrow, 
We gave our today."

- John Maxwell Edmonds on the first World War

WW1 memorial and poppy wreath in Green Park

Hope you had a good Remembrance Sunday.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment