Tuesday, November 23, 2010

gallivanting.

I've been soaking in London while I still can... here is some of what I have been up to. 

Zebra's save lives, literally.

Pedestrians in London only have the complete right of way in the Zebra crossings. In every other place in London, cars, taxis, and buses could care less about pedestrians. They actually speed up when they see you in the street to get you to run away faster. If a car hits a person in a zebra it is a MAJOR fine. So if you ever go to London, a zebra crossing is the only place on the London streets you will truly be safe safe!

More London words:
Interweb = internet
Called = named "I have a brother called Jason"
Quid = slang for pound ($)

Tube Catastrophes:
On Saturday I saw a woman sitting at the bottom of the stairs in a pool of her blood with it splashed all over the walls. Apparently 609 injuries happen each year when people don't use the hand rails in the Tube. Bummer.
Last week the Tube was delayed 4 times for people getting hit by the Tube. Yes, throughout the week there were 4 "person[s] under the train" as the Tube announcers so gruesomely shared over and over again. It's very sad, but people... stop jumping on the tracks... it delays our days! 

London Graffiti:

Natalie and I saw this on a poster in Oxford and naturally, because of our love for Tesco, we worshiped it. At first we thought it was just a cool painting but after seeing it in my London coffee table book we realized that it is actually graffiti somewhere in London. We googled for 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get there and trekked out on the Victoria line on a pilgrimage to pay tribute to our beloved Tesco. 

London Movie Sites:

The Parent Trap House:



What a Girl Wants Market:

Harry Potter's Platform 9 3/4:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! This year I have so much to be thankful for. I have said it so many times, but I am so thankful to be on this study abroad. I am also thankful for my amazing and upcoming trip! My Thanksgiving meal this year will be Belgian Waffles in Brussels and I will be spending the rest of the weekend in Amsterdam! I leave tomorrow :) 

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment