Tuesday, October 26, 2010

parking.

No, I am not able to drive a car here so not that kind of parking. And no, not the kind of parking that involves a lookout point, nice scenery, and night time... 
I have just been taking advantage of many of London's beautiful parks. With nice weather, you really feel like you are in a small town, not in one of the biggest cities in the world.

My personal favorite: Holland Park


Holland Park is just down the road from us. It's fairly secluded and is more of a low key park, much more of a local place versus a touristy park. A great majority of it is completely covered by trees, there is a dog park, life size chess board, and the coolest kid's playground that you have ever seen! I love it.

The Classic Park: Hyde Park


This is a Hyde Park Corner Monument dedicated to men who died fighting in the First World War. We had to go see it for my Great War and Modernism Class. There are a ton War monuments throughout the parks here.


Here is another monument on the Corner. 

The Queen's front yard: Green Park


Green Park is right across from Hyde Park and also across the street from Buckingham Palace. It is gorgeous. Yesterday I walked from Hyde Park Corner, through Green Park, to Buckingham Palace, back through all of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, and wandered through Knotting Hill to get home. It was incredible. The weather was beyond perfect, I had my ipod in, and was able to just think and clear my head in one of the most incredible cities in the world! I love being here.

My front yard: Kensington Gardens


Kensington Gardens is literally across the street from my house. How incredible is that?! Kensington Gardens is connected to Hyde Park and houses Kensington Palace. I love this picture because it is proof that London does have beautiful weather. When it was snowing in Provo, I was enjoying a gorgeous, sunny day walking though the parks of London. Again, I love it here.

The rose park: Regent's Park


Regent's Park is ginormous. It has a stunning rose garden and the cutest little ponds and willow trees that make you feel like you are in another world. Definitely a must see by way of parks!

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment