Monday, September 13, 2010

marveling.

Dover Castle has been my favorite sight so far. We walked a beautifully green trail for about 5 minutes and reached the coolest medieval castle. It was built in the 11th century and I was instantly taken back to that time. I couldn't help but think of movies like Sleeping Beauty and Tristan and Isolde... and I may or may not have acted out a few scenes from each...



I am so grateful to be on this program for many, many reasons, but one of them is the fact that I am here in London long enough to pretty much see the entire area and really get a feel for the culture and history. I don't think I ever would have stopped at the Dover Castle had I been on a whirlwind tour through Europe, but boy am I happy I was able to! You can practically hear the warlords grunting while walking on these grounds. awesome. In the excitement of it all, I kind of went a little picture crazy...



(photo cred: natalie, my favorite paparazzi, such an awesome picture!)



Shhhh this isn't from Dover its actually from the ruins of St. Augustine's Abbey but I just think this picture is funny. 


More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment