Sunday, November 4, 2012

RNC 2012

One of the coolest things about Mike's job was that he was able to work the Republican National Convention, and I was able to go!

We headed down to Tampa, Florida for a fun week. I had never been to Florida, so I was excited to cross another state off the list. Since Mike works in the finance department, he worked the donors suite so I got to hang out in there. There was a buffet and an open bar (i.e. all the diet coke I could want!) stocked all night.


This was the view from the donor suite. If you watched any of the Convention on TV, we were in between the two large debt clocks.

For conservative, political junkies this was their ideal "celeb spotting" trip. We saw Wolf Blitzer, Tim Pawlenty, Newt Gingrich, Marco Rubio and others. You always knew someone important was coming by the size of their entourage, only problem was that I didn't know who they were without help from Mike... whoops. 
The ongoing joke was that I wished I was at the Democratic Convention so I could at least get a Jessica Alba sighting or better musical acts or something. I guess that's why I was so pumped when Clint Eastwood came out! 



During the day there were smaller events with speakers and at night everyone gathered into the center for speeches. The last night Mike got special credentials and took me onto the floor for Marco Rubio, Clint Eastwood, and Mitt Romney's speeches. It was incredible! We were about as close as you could get without a press badge. 



The Convention was so inspiring. Mitt did such a good job. He is such a good man and is so qualified. I am so anxious for Tuesday, I hope he wins!!

After the main event for the night was over, there were tons of after parties. The first night we went to a party Mike's department threw for the donors. The second night we went to a party where the Zac Brown Band performed and then headed over to another party to hear Journey play. It was such a blast!



After the Convention was over, we headed over to Clearwater, Florida for a weekend at the beach. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures but it was definitely fun to be back at the beach. The best part of the weekend was that they had a BJ's restaurant. Hello Pazookies!

Getting to go to the Republican National Convention, living in Boston, getting to hear about and experience the campaign from Mike has been such an incredible experience. I am grateful for it everyday. Hopefully Tuesday goes our way!


Don't forget to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment