Saturday, February 18, 2012

A 90th Birthday.

My family has been lucky enough to have one of the cutest fathers/grandpas/great-grandpas around for so many years. This past weekend my grandpa turned 90 so my family threw him a huge party.

My grandpa is the funniest, happiest man you will ever met and he had more people at his 90th birthday party than I could ever dream of having at my next birthday. The man is a legend. He had well over 100 people in attendance, all paying tribute to his incredible life. 

I had to post a few pictures we had around the party.
My grandpa was born in Long Beach, CA in 1922. After his mission to Canada, he joined the World War 2 Navy. What a babe!

My Grandpa and Grandma got married just 3 weeks before he left for World War 2. Although they were apart for over two years, they wrote the entire time and had a secret system so she always knew where he was. When the war ended and his shipped sailed into the U.S., she was was waiting for him at the end of the Long Beach Harbor. All the men saw her and started hollering, he jumped off the boat, picked her up and kissed her as all the men cheered! True story. How sweet is that?



They went on to have a perfect marriage. Not a mean word was ever spoken. They are the greatest examples of true love and I hope to have a life just like theirs! I also hope to have a life filled with beautiful things like my grandmother's fabulous clothes. 










My grandpa is the most positive man you will ever meet. He makes everyone feel better about themselves than when he found them. Even though he has 31 grandchildren and well over 80 great-grandchildren, he has an incredible ability to make you feel like you are  the most special person in the world. I love him with all my heart and am so grateful to have had him as an example for all these years!

Cheers to many more years to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment